Tuesday, May 15, 2012

take that, guy from lowes!! (aka a veggie update)

i recently went to lowes to see if someone could help me with the planting of my "babies".  i met a man who basically told me i started too soon with all my plants, and that nothing i planted would grow.

so then i went crying to one of my plant-growing friends, who told me to just go for it--so i did :)  after a fabulous weekend enjoying my nephew's bar mitzvah, i spent a bit of mother's day "just going for it"--and planted my "babies" in our city-dweller raised beds.  because they were either going to die inside, or outside--or they would flourish, despite the mean guy at lowes.

and guess what i found the very next day:
yep--a beautiful flower on my zucchini plant!!

and even better, guess what i found today:
yep--that's right!!  a green bean!!!!  an ACTUAL green bean!!  and what's more, there are TWO of them!!

so take that, guy from lowes!  my black thumb and i have beaten the system!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! I am so proud of you! I planted mine on Sunday too. I think you should make him eat your first green bean! Na na da boo boo!!
    Shira

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you!! and great minds think alike--jeff said i should bring him a salad made from my garden!!

    ReplyDelete