Monday, February 11, 2013

absence makes the heart grow fonder, right?!

soooo, it's been a while.

the last time i was here i started writing a post about halloween--but i never finished it because it was mostly just me bitching about how halloween becomes a free-for-all for people to shower my children with junk food.  and now i find myself bitching about valentine's day so i thought i'd start another, hopefully less snarky, post ;)

i'll use this post to bring you all (bueller?  bueller?) up to date on what i've been up to, and then i'll post another one ranting about valentine's day ;)

so first of all, back around halloween i decided that if people were going to bring food to M's school halloween party, i would provide at least one "real" food option.  so i made these pumpkin muffins and dressed them up like so:

cute, huh?  thanks again, pinterest!

then for thanksgiving (well, pseudo-thanksgiving--my side of the family was going to be in a bunch of different places for real thanksgiving, so we decided to do it early) i used a loaf of the pumpkin bread from above (i had doubled it when i made the muffins) and made this awesome stuffing.

and for the record, i made my own pumpkin puree.  i only mention this because you should all know how incredibly easy this is to do.  this is how easy.  try it--trust me.  i used a less-than-4lb pumpkin and got about 4 cups of puree.  i freeze what i don't use in one cup containers so i can thaw what i need.

and for hanukkah, my wonderful husband got me pasta attachments for our kitchenaid--which, by the way, i had never used in almost 8 years of marriage!  so with my very own hands i made this pasta:

and turned it into this dinner:
which, just to toot my own horn, my husband said was--and i quote--"Honestly the best spaghetti I have ever had"

and i made these raviolis too:

which looked pretty and tasted ok but not great--they're on my list to try again.

so there you have it--a quick snapshot of the goings-on in my kitchen for the last few months.  now stay tuned for how i'm going to piss off 21 kindergartners by serving fruit instead of candy for valentine's day ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment