Thursday, January 19, 2012

my first ever blog post!!



i'm a sahm--i "used" to be a lawyer.  and while i absolutely adore my children and feel incredibly fortunate to be able to stay at home with them, sometimes i get bored.  bored?, you ask.  with a 4.5 yr old and a 2.5 yr old to take care of?? 

ok--not bored.  under appreciated.  i admit it--i miss the feedback.  i need someone to tell me i'm doing something right--not just the millions of things i'm doing wrong (complete with foot stomping and whining). 

enter facebook.  huh?  let me explain:  make cute lunch for children.  take picture.  post to facebook.  bask in the glow of friends' accolades.  repeat as necessary (or when time permits).

actually, i really just wanted to have fun with my girls' lunches--especially b/c they're pretty picky eaters and i thought it might be a great way to insure their actually eating what i made.  but the accolades were so delightful!  and then i started getting suggestions/requests for a book--and my did my ego begin to swell!  then i realized that i only made cute lunches every once in a while.  plus, a book requires not only the commitment to write it, but a publisher and people to buy it--and that's a whole different ballgame than friends on facebook who make a sideline suggestion.  so, the idea to blog was born (thanks to my loving and supportive husband)--and here we are! 

so, i hope you enjoy--i'll post any lunches i make for the girls, and any other fun stuff i can think of--and i hope you'll follow along!

No comments:

Post a Comment